Sunday, January 4, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Tanti Auguri e Buon Anno/ Best wishes and Good New Year!


Well I hope all of you have had a wonderful holiday and I hope you've stuck to those New Years Resolutions!

Well Italians don't get very many holidays, up until now I had 2 school holidays. Well at my school they have this huge Christmas party called "Copernicus Night" It was crazy fun! However it was a little crowded!






Then my host family and I went to Milano for a week. That hotel we stayed in was magnificent. It reminded me of the country back home. They had a pool, 3 different saunas, and a room full of water beds! It was a little slice of heaven. One the first day we were there it snowed. Now I usually HATE snow, but I made an exception for this snow. It was beautiful!

 
 
 


























Then on our second day we went to Bellagio. It was so pretty! It was a very photogenic city!



 Italian sunsets always amaze me! I will defiantly miss them when I go back home! They are simply one in a million and breath-taking.








































I finally got to see the Milano Duomo! I'm absolutely, positively, 100 percent in love with this amazing building! From the outside to the inside its magnificent! I could have spent all day looking at it!


 The stain glass windows were all made of little stain glass windows, that pictured scenes from the bible.
 


 
 

 This small covered shopping center (I have forgotten the name) has some of the most expensive stores! For example this Christmas tree is decorated with Swarovski Crystals. It was beautiful. Then to the right of the tree (which you can't see, sorry) is Prada. My host mom went in, and found a purse that she liked... $24,000 for a purse!!!
 
For Capodanno (New Years) we stayed at the hotel for a hotel dinner. It was a lot of fun. The food was wonderful! After dinner we did fireworks... inside! Then we danced the night away! My host sister and I finally went to sleep at about 2:30. 
 
 
 

Don't worry it's just water:)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment