Sunday, September 28, 2014

One Month!

Wow! Has it really been one month?! Its sure doesn't feel like one month to me! I've done so many things, seen so many places, and meet so many amazing people.
I think the first month is one of the hardest, simply because you don't really know anyone, and it takes awhile for people to open up to you in a new country ( or at least in mine). But once you have a basic understanding of the language you begin to feel more at home.

So yesterday I had my first day of Saturday school... WHY??? It was horrible (mainly because I had Latin, Italian, math, and physics). So I said in my last post school was difficult, very difficult, but then my math teacher decided it was time to start logarithmic functions! I have never in my life struggled so much in math! I'm still confused as to when I will ever use these horrid equations in my life , but apparently they are a mandatory topic to cover. Thankfully my teacher speaks a little English so I understand some of what is happening, but most of the time I don't.



Just a few pre-warning to any future exchange student:
  1. Don't go into school expecting to understand everything, you will only end up with a headache!
  2. If the teacher says something, and the class begins to laugh, laugh with them !!
  3. If you don't understand something in class, GOOGLE IT! IT WILL HELP I PROMISE!
  4. Don't be afraid to ask for help!
  5. STUDY!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Go with the flow
  7. Don't even think about touching your phone during class! (and make sure its on SILENT)
  8. Get used to being tired!
  9. Also to being hungry
  10. It's okay to only have 3 or 4 friends ( I have 3) in time you will have more, but you just have to be patient
  11. Have a doodle pad, so it looks like you are working;)
  12. Try to do you homework, just try it!
  13. And above all else... DO NOT, let me repeat, DO NOT sleep in class!! 
THANK YOU to everyone who has made my experience possible!
Grazie Mille!

No comments:

Post a Comment