Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I miss the sun more than sweet tea...

This past Sunday I went to the theater with my host sister. We were on the ninth row, and the view was spectacular. I saw "Sette spose per sette fratelli." It was AMAZING! It was by far one of the best shows I've ever seen. I hope to go back again!

So this is from the very back of
theater. (When we first got there
we sat in the wrong seats!)
 


















Rain...
      Rain...
            Rain...
All last week, and so far all of this week it has rained, and not just a slight, every now and then rain; I'm talking massive downpours of rain! Well today I guess the rivers had had enough of the rain, and so they broke. Roads are closed, trees are down, and fields are destroyed. I thought that we were in the clear because we live up hill from the river... I was wrong.
My houses canteen (basement) has about an inch or so of water in it (and its still raining), also my street is flooded.

























But on a brighter note, Italy decided it like me enough to let me stay! So yesterday I went to the police station and got my permission to stay! Thank you Italy!


 
 
 
 
 
Yesterday also allowed me some time to explore a part of the city I hadn't had the chance to. I'm not totally sure what these monuments were for, but I know they were for a war. They were beautiful! And the fall colors brightened them up.  


1 comment:

  1. WOW! That's a lot of rain, hope it's ended by now. Great to see that they are going to let you stay. :) Hope you celebrated Thanksgiving in some fashion, take care.

    ReplyDelete