Tuesday, October 28, 2014

2 Months

Well today marks two months in Italy. Wow where has the time gone!
This week I started my new time table. It was like the first day all over again, but better. I have class with 1st year students and they are wonderful! They are so willing to help and are very funny.
On Mondays I go to another campus for school, and I have 2 hours of gym and them 2 hours of Italian. Now when I say gym I mean cart-wheeling, front flippin', painful gym. (I literally had trouble opening the fridge today!) but it was some of the most fun I've had since school started.
Today I had math with a new class, and I love them. Not going to lie at first I was really bummed that I had classes with first year students, but now I'm kinda glad I do. Today was a very interesting because when I walked in class at first I stood there looking stupid, but then once I introduced myself and got seated, everyone came over to me and started asking me a million questions. I got the usual "when's your birthday? ", "how old are you?," "where are you from?, " but some of my favorites were :
Do you like tractors?
You live in South Canada? They speak German right?
Are you single ?
Can you sing?

Then one of the boys came up to me with his friend, and I can not make this up, his friend started beat boxing and the boy started rapping to me in English. I was in tears I was laughing so hard. Then this boy went on to say this, and I quote "I speak very good English, so if you need help, I can help you with the Italian man! (wink)"

These passed two months have been some of the best times of my life. Yes sometimes its been hard, but those hard times have made me stronger as a person. This exchange has opened my eyes to a whole new world; I've discovered things about myself I didn't know, my strengths, my weakness, new interest, and my deep, passionate love for pasta❤ I've seen places I've only dreamed about seeing, I've meet some of the most amazing people, and made some of the most amazing friends... and its only been 2 months! I can't wait to see what's in store for the months to come!
I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for rotary! I always try to think of a gift to give the Rotarians who helped me get here, but no gift will every be enough. THANK YOU rotary for everything you've done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment